Research recognition and Research focus
The college has been recognized as a “Scientific and Industrial Research Organization” (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India. The college has been granted with “12B” status of the University Grants Commission (UGC) in 2013.
These recognitions have enhanced funding opportunities from government and other agencies to conduct research and development that are of national relevance and importance.
- MEMS and Micro-fluidics
- Machine Vision applied to Industrial Quality Control
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Applied Nano-Technology
- Composite Materials Technology
- Product Design and Development
- Bio-Medical Image Processing
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Clinical Research
- Big Data Analytics
- Computational Intelligence
- Business Intelligence and Computing
- Energy Systems
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Wireless Communication
- RF & Microwaves
- Embedded Systems
- Structural Engineering & Construction Materials
Over the years, most of the departments of REC have been brought into research fold through affiliation with Anna University research center. Currently the following nine departments of REC have been approved and recognized as Research Centers of Anna University
to offer M.S (by Research) and Ph.D. Programs.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Bio-Medical Engineering
There are currently 37 faculty members from different departments recognized as Research Supervisors under Anna University. 81 scholars pursue their Ph.D. and M.S by Research Programs from the recognized research centres of our College.