Embedded System Technologies
To be a globally recognised centre of excellence in the field of Embedded System Technologies providing/imparting quality education, interdisciplinary research and innovative development of ubiquitous computing systems.
- To promote scientific enquiry and product development of ubiquitous computing systems and smart devices.
- To undertake cutting edge research and education in the areas of Embedded Vision System for Robots, self contained smart Assistive Devices with effective utilisation of the resources leading to sustainable growth.
- To carry out Interdisciplinary research and education to nurture future experts in Embedded system research by imparting interdisciplinary knowledge, innovative ideas, critical thinking and practical skills.
- To build the capacity of technical personnel fostering strong academic, industrial, and social ties for solving various societal problems and contribute for corporate social responsibility
- To provide consultancy, training, and outreach services for stakeholders in the region including social institutions.
To carry out advanced interdisciplinary research activities in the area of Embedded Systems) cater to the needs of the industry and society (in general) and using this as a general research facility to take up new research projects from industry and other bodies.
- Conducting training programmes in the area of Embedded System Technologies for UG and PG students and faculty members in the related areas for professional skill development.
- Generating Intellectual Properties (IP) in terms of patents and high quality technical publications.
- Conducting consultancy works for industries covering, but not limited to, transportation, manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture etc.
- Conducting courses with significant participation of external faculty, industrial and regulatory experts on Embedded System Technologies and machine Learning.
- Entering into collaborative research engagements with Extra-mural funding agencies and Industrial Organizations for better understanding of issues of scientific and technological management between different stakeholders.
Projects at Centre of Excellence in Embedded System Technologies
The projects done at Centre of Excellence in Embedded System Technologies which won prizes at regional level and national level are as follows:
- KID'S ZONE - AN ALPHANUMERIC TUTOR
- THREE-TIRE SECURITY SYSTEM
- Week long Workshop with hands-on sessions culminating into a demonstrable project in Embedded system technologies using Unified Technology Learning Platform(UTLP) supplied by Wipro Technologies round the year to the UG students of branches like Computer Science, Information technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Biomedical Engineering from our own Institution and sister Institution throughout the year. Training for PG students of Embedded System Technologies of our own Institution.
Courses in curriculum:
- Mary Jeniffer, V. Geetha Priya, “Implementation of Road sign recognition” in Second International Conference on Signals Systems and Communication (ICSSC) on 8th January 2019 at Anna University, Chennai.
- P.Sahithya, M. Arulmozhi “Digital Design of Radial basis function and Recurrent neural network” International Conference on Wireless Communications Signal Processing and Networking(WiSPNET 2019), SSN College of Engineering on 21st March 2019.
- N.Dhomina, C.Amutha, “Development of eyeball movement and Voice controlled wheel chair for physically challenged people” in Lecture notes :Data Engineering and communication technologies published by Springer, pp. 532-539. March 2019.
- Mary Angelin Priya, D.Shyam, “A smart sticksor for Dual sensory impaired”, Lecture notes : Data Engineering and communication technologies published by Springer, 1168-1180. March 2019.
| Course code
| Course name
| Fundamentals of Embedded Systems
| Embedded Systems
| Design of Embedded Systems
| Advanced Embedded Systems