TOP ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT
TEACHING AWARDS IN ENGINEERING
The Department has received "Teaching Awards in Engineering" awarded by Staffordshire University, UK and Education Matter on 03.03.2014
9 ranks in 2012-2016 batch (2016 passed out) and 10 ranks in 2011-2015 batch.
29 students of 2013-2017(as on 26.04.2017) and 24 students of 2012-2016 batch (2016 passed out) placed in various companies. Placements for 2014-2018 batch is still in progress.
12 students of 2014-2018(as on 14.02.2018) has been placed so far. Placements for 2014-2018 batch is still in progress.
Ms. Abinayaa Dhanagopal of 2013-17 batch has got admission in Iowa State University Of Science and Technology in, U.S.
Mr. Sidharth Krishnan Kalyani of 2013-17 batch has got admission in Delft University of Technology in, The Netherlands
6 students of 2012-2016 batch and 6 students of 2011-2015 batch are pursuing higher studies in various like IIT’s, IISc, MIT, BITS Mesra and other well-known overseas universities in U.K, U.S.A, Germany, Netherland, Singapore etc.
Mr.VIVEK S. of 2013-2017 batch has got admitted into MS Aerospace Program at IIT Kanpur
BEST OUTGOING STUDENT AWARD
Mr. Vivek.S of 2013-2017 batch was honoured with the "VOC memorial award for the Best Outgoing Aeronautical Engineer” for the academic year 2016-17
Ms. Anitha. A of 2012-2016 batch was honoured with the “VOC memorial award for the Best Outgoing Aeronautical Engineer “for the academic year 2015-16.
BEST STUDENT PROJECT AWARD
Mr. Sathish Kumar R., Mr. Selvakumar L. & Mr. Saravanan M., of 2012-16 batch won the Best Aero Student Project' 2016 in State Level Aeronautical Engineering Project Competition held in Tamil Nadu, by Aeronautical Society of India.
Mrs. Azega R. K., Mrs. Priyanka M., Mrs. Shubavi P., of 2013 -17 batch with Dr. Suresh Chandra Khandai (Associate Professor / Aero) got selected to work in AK-Edusat Program.
Mr. Guillaume Ramassamy, a student from ESTACA, France, successfully completed his 2 months Internship Programme in the Department of Aeronautical Engineering, REC
The students have undergone internships at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bengaluru, Centre for Air Borne Systems (Cabs), Bangalore, Air Fin Cooler Division BGR Energy Systems Ltd .
Every year Students will be taken for Flight training programme in IIT Khanpur and NDT Training programme in IGCAR Kalpakkam.
Students have been taken for industrial visit to INS Rajali, Arakkonam,Dinesh Engineering Industries,CSIR – Structural Engineering Research Centre to enchance their knowledge on current trends in engineering sectors
BEST ALUMNI ENTREPRENEUR AWARD
MR. Vinoth G. of 2005-2009 batch was honored with the "Best Alumni Entrepreneur" award for the academic year 2013-14.
We are not only imparting knowledge to students we are encouraging the students participation in sports and co-curricular activities. Some of the student’s accolades are listed below:
- Ms.Shakthi Uma Devi S. of 2014-18 won Gold Medal in Anna University Zonal Athletics Meet in 800 Mts -Women.
- Mr. Ashok Kumar S. of 2013-17 batch secured Silver Medal in Anna University Zonal Athletics Meet in 1500 Mts –Mens.
- Mr. Dinesh Kumar G. of 2016-20 batch secured Bronze Medal in Anna University Zonal Athletics Meet in 4 X 100 Mts Relay(Men).
- Mr. Ashok Kumar S. of 2013-17 batch and Mr. Dinesh Kumar G. of 2016-20 batch secured Silver Medal in Anna University Zonal Foot Ball Tournament.
- Ms. Raga Struthi S. of 2016-20 batch secured Silver Medal in Anna University Zonal Badminton (Women Team) Tournament.
- Mr. Dinesh S. of 2013-17 batch and Mr. Dinakaran P. G. of 2016-20 batch secured Bronze Medal in Anna University Zonal Hand Ball Tournament.
- Ms.Shakthi Uma Devi S. of 2014-18 won First Place in Annual Sports meet 2017 in 400 x 100 mts (Relay) – Women, 1500 mts, 400 mts and 800 mts
- Mr. Arivazhagan A. of 2016-20 batch has participated ITM Global National Floor Ball League
- Our department has secured the overall college championship for two consecutive times.
- Our department students leading volley ball, cricket and football team has secured the various trophies in inter college and zonal level matches.
- Mr.KISHANTH B.Y of 2017-2021 batch has won Gold Medal in 32nd TAMILNADU INTER DISTRICT JUNIOR ATHLETIC CHAMPIONSHIPS in Javelin Throw event– 2017
- DINAKARAN P of 2016-2020 has secured III Place in Anna University Zone-2 Handball Tournament
The Department is organizing National Level Seminars / Conferences / Workshops and various technical programmes in association with AICTE, Aeronautical Society of India for the students to enrich their technical knowledge in aerospace field. Some of the topics are listed below:
PARTICIPATED IN THE SPIRIT GLOBAL DESIGN CHALLENGE - 2013 & 2012
- Technological challenges in the Development of Aero Engines
- Aircraft Design and Manufacturing
- Application of CFD in Aerospace Industries
- FEM Theory and its Application in Aerospace Industries
- Experimental Aerodynamics
- Emerging trends in aircraft maintenance
- Applications of Nano-Technology in Aeronautical Engineering
- Role Of DRDO In Aviation
- Challenges And Future Indian Space Programmes
- FDP On “Experimental Techniques For High Speed Jet Flows”
- “PYTHON PROGRAMMING And INTERNET OF THINGS”.
- “CATIA FOR ENGINEERING STUDENTS”
- Matlab & Scilab For Aeronautical Engineering Students".
Global Design Challenge is an academic competition sponsored by Spirit Aero Systems that encourages students of premier Engineering institutions to seek out new thinking using new technologies to design aircraft structures. With guidance and mentoring from Spirit engineers, Infosys engineers, University professors and associated engineering and aerospace experts, the students do research and formulate design concepts.
DRDO GOLDEN JUBILEE STUDENT COMPETITION 2009
5 of our Aeronautical Engineering Students led a 10 member design team to the final round of student competition conducted by DRDO for the design and development of a prototype for Low Cost Outdoor Surveillance System with remote access to sensor imagery and successfully came among TOP TEN Teams and won a cash prize of Rs.50000/-
A team of our Aeronautical Engineering students participated in the finals of Project Presentation held in Mumbai, July 2009. Their project titled “Mileage of Autoprenuership” won the Regional final and National semifinals.
- Dr .N. Muthusamy professor has authored a paper on COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS ON WINGLETS FITTED ON AIRCRAFT MODEL - International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) - Volume 8 / Issue 9- September 2017
- Mr.Balaji Rajendran assistant professor has authored a paper on Study of Mechanical Properties of Moisture Absorbed Hybrid Composite Material - International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology- Vol. 6 Issue 10
KANNAN G.,PAVAN RANJITH BABU D K OF 2015-2019 batch has won First Place IN Aircraft Design Contest’17 held at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore.