At the end of the four year programme, the graduates will be able to
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- Analyze electrical and electronic circuits and systems.
- Model, design and evaluate the performance and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Comprehend the structure of power systems, both conventional and renewable and analyze their operation, control, protection and utilization.
- Formulate power electronic controllers for industrial drives.
- Apply the programming knowledge of commonly used programming languages, Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and for control applications.
- Use software tools for the design, simulation and analysis of electrical and electronics engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments on circuits, control components and evaluate their performance.
- Understand energy and environmental issues and incorporate suitable measures for their conservation in the design of systems.
- Communicate effectively in order to enhance their opportunities for building a successful career.
- Carry on with lifelong learning and research in thrust areas concerning electrical and electronics and allied fields and manage financial resources with a promise of becoming a leader in the chosen field.
- Function effectively in team work and understand professional ethics and social responsibilities.