GUEST LECTURES ARRANGED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Mr. AJD Nandhakumar, Associate Professor from Rajalakshmi Engineering College has delivered a guest lecture on “Automotive Mechatronics on 26th December 2017
- Mr. P.R.Haribabu, Senior Manager from Daimler India commercial vehicle (Benz) has delivered guest lecture on shaping your future on 23rd December 2017.
- Mr. Senthil, Director from Design CAD Technologies has delivered a guest lecture on recent trends in CAD/CAM/CAE on 1st Oct 2017
- Mr.K.P.Ramanathan, chairman from Institute of Engineers (IE) has delivered a guest lecture on Industrial Engineering on 27th August 2017.
- Mr. Nagaraja rao, Dy. General Manager from Ashok Leyland has given a guest lecture on Recent trends in Manufacturing 11th August 2017.
- Ms. Sudha, Branch Manager from KKM Soft has given a guest lecture on Internet of Things on 9th August 2017
- Dr. JM Selvakumar, Former Scientist NIOT, Chennai has given a guest lecture on under water Robotics on 5th August 2017.
- Mr. V. Sudharsan, Metallurgical consultant from Consultant & Vice president (retd ) , Wheels India has delivered a guest lecture on modern metallurgy on 27th March 2017
- Mr S.Ramasundaram, Scientist from NIOT has delivered a guest lecture on Ocean Observation System on 24th January 2017
- Mr T.R.Selvaraj, Head of Product Design & Development from Page Industries Ltd, Bangalore has delivered a guest lecture on “Automation in textile industries” on 10th October 2016.
- Mr.Sriram Jayakumar, unior Partner from Kalaivani Electrical,GI Industries has delivered a motivational guest lecture on 6th September 2016.
INDUSTRIAL VISITS ARRANGED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- III MCT students visited CIPET- Guindy on 6th Sep 2017 and gained a knowledge on plastics technology services in the fields of design, processing, testing , inspection and plastics wastes recycling services to the polymer & ailed industries
- II MCT students visited CIPET- Guindy on 5th Sep 2017 and gained a knowledge on plastics technology services in the fields of design, processing, testing , inspection and plastics wastes recycling services to the polymer & ailed industries
- II MCT students visited KKM Soft on August 17th 2017- a business process automation company, the students has been exposed with training on process automation solution for a product manufacturing and 3D Configurations technology.
- II MCT students KCP Heavy Engineering Plant at Thiruvottiyur on 3rd March 2017- Manufacturing sector, the students has been taken to the various integrated steel foundry, heavy fabrication, heavy machining & assembly shops.
- II MCT students Visited GMR Power Corporation Ltd- Power plant sector , owned by GMR Vasavi Diesel Power Plant on August 31st 2016 and has exposed to the operating characteristics of two-stroke diesel engine technology.
WORKSHOP CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT
- Dr. V. Santhanam , Mr.S.Vinoth Kumar and Mr. S.Ram kumar have conducted a Five days Advanced Training on Design & Fabrication of Affordable CNC Machines during 12th December 2017 to 16th December 2017. At the end of the workshop the students gained comprehensive knowledge on wide range of topics such as Machine design, Design of Transmission Systems, Electrical drives, Stepper Motors and controls, Arduino programming, CNC Programming (G Code and M Code), GRBL software and Embedded Programming.
- Two days hands on workshop on robotics titled “Integrated Bluetooth controlled Pick and Place Buggy” was conducted for the students of REC on 12th and 13th of march 2018.
- Two days hands on workshop on robotics titled “Integrated Bluetooth controlled Pick and Place Buggy” was conducted on 16th and 17th of march 2018 a total of 26 students from various engineering colleges participated in the workshop.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mechatronics Engineering in Association with the departments of Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automobile Engineering and Civil Engineering conducted an International conference titled “Green Manufaturing : Analytics, Automation, Processes, Products, Energy& Structures” (GM:AAPPES 2018) on 28th, 29th March 2018.
Centre for Factory Automation and Robotics was established in association with CDCE automation, Chennai to give MSME certified training on Industrial Automation and Robotics for the students. The laboratory consists of state of art PLC systems, SCADA, HMI and industrial controllers and various sensors.
- Dr.V.Santhanam, Ms. Keerthana D, Ms. Gayathri K visited TI Metal Forming Pvt Ltd- leading manufacturers of car door frames on 10th December 2017 and gained knowledge on metal forming fundamentals and applications.
- Mr.A.Eswaran, has undergone a 1 day (10th sep 2017) training programme on PALS Training at L&T company.
- Dr.V.Santhanam, has done a industrial project for a duration of 25 days(4th September 2017 to 30th sep 2017 ) at Ashok Leyland- Ennore unit under the title “weight reduction on Engine Block of H-Engine”.
- Dr.V.Santhanam, Ms. R.Vivekanandhi has visited CDCE facility in Robotics and Industrial Automation on July 15th 2017 and gained knowledge on the programming skills of PLC and use of various control systems.
IN-PLANT TRANING/INTERSHIP BY THE STUDENT
- Swaninathan R undergone a 1 week (12th Dec – 17th Dec 2017) Internship at Hyundai Motors Under Manufacturing Sector
- Gowtham Kumar taken a 1 month (12th Nov- 15th Dec 2017)Internship at Southern Railways Under the topic A/C Electric Loco Shed (Royapuram)
- Bharath S taken a 1 month (12th Nov- 14th Dec 2017)Internship at Karur Substation under Web Technology
- Pradeep Kumar. P, Balayogesh. Undergone a 3 Days training (2nd Dec- 4th Dec 2017) S.L -RANE steering system Ltd under the title PLC and servo drive.
- Leegin V I undergone 1 month(12th Nov – 16th Dec 2017) Internship at Ashok Leyland(Hosur Unit-2) Under Assembly & Manufacturing Sector
- Naveen Raja V undergone 3days (19th June- 21st June 2017) training at ARS Energy Private Limited under the title Specialization in Non Renewable Energy
- Karuna S, Kaviya P, Arunkumar P undergone 3days (12th May- 14th May 2017) training at GOE CODE,BANGALORE under the title IoT ,Ethical Hacking,Webpage Designing,App Designing,Networking.
- Vasanth Ram K, Dinesh Kumar.V, Praveen Kumaran.V undergone 4 days (21st June- 23rd June 2017) training t Wiztech Automation Solution Private Limited under the title Embedded System
- Ravi Adhithya. V.J Taken a 4Days (27th May – 30th May 2017) Internship at TVS Training and Services under the Topic Plc and Servo Drives
- Abdul Rahman S taken 1 Month(12th April – 12th August 2017) Internship at Cheyyar Sugar Mill Under Testing Sector
- Rivian. T undergone 3 Month (12th April – 12th August 2017) internship at Central Scientific And Industrial and Gained a Knowledge On Energy Monitering System,Energy Management System, Nano Technology,Pathogen Deection, Embeded System,Earthquake Simulation.
- Vinoth. S, Karthik. R, Krishnamoorthy. S, Sivagurunathan, S.Vimal Kumar, P.Veeramanikandan, K.Sivakirubakaran, D.Dhilip undergone 3month(12th April – 12th August 2017) Internship at Cheyyar-Suagr Mill
- Rajesh Kannan M, Raghav Sethuram V taken 3 month (12th Feb- 12th July 2017)Internship at the Acetech Machinery Components India Pvt Ltd under the Project Welding, Laser Cuting, JCB Front Crane Manufacturing
WORKSHOPS ATTENDED BY THE STUDENTS
- Sivagurunathan K, Vasanth Ram K, Jagadeesh CR ,Arvind S ,Abdul Rahman S,Krishnamoorthy S participated in Automation using PLC conducted by Anna University, Chennai on 22nd & 23rd sep 2017.
- Kishore Kumar R , Bharath S, Karuna S attended 2 day (7th & 8th Sep 2017) workshop at Kumaraguru College of Technology under the title “IOT using Raspberry Pi”.
- Gowtham Kumar J, Veeramanikandan P, Dhilip.D, Sivagurunathan K, Rudhramoorthy R attended 1 day (19th August 2017) Worksop at Top Engineers under the topic “Hardley Davidson Bike and car”
- Bharath S, Kishore Kumar R, Karuna S, Gowtham Kumar J attended 1 day (16th August 2017) worksop at SRM University under the topic “IOT Based on ARDUINO”
- Karuna S, Sivagurunathan K, Sivakirubakaran K, Veeramanikandan P, Rudhramoorthy R attended 1 day (12th August 2017) worksop at Top Engineers under the topic “Embedded System Design”
- Mr.R.Giri, Mr.S.Ramkumar delivered a 3 days (14th Dec- 16th Dec 2017) guest lecture under the title “CNC machine using Arduino” at REC
- Mr.S.Ramkumar attended 3Days Workshop on 4th Dec & 5th Dec 2017 Stress Management (PALS Training) organised by JNN Institute of Engineering, ICT Academy
- Ms. D.Keerthana attended 3Days 1st Dec- 3rd Dec 2017 Workshop on Pedagogy on Teaching Learning Centre (PALS Training) organised by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Mr.M.Sridharan, Mr.A.Eswaran attended 2 days (21st & 22nd Nov 2017) FDP on “Creative Thinking”Organised by KCS Nadar Arts and Science College.
- Ms. K.Gayathri, Ms. D.Keerthana attended 4 days (8th Nov – 11th Nov 2017)FDP on “Basic Electrical, Electronics, Measurement and Instrumentation Engineering” at Rajalakshmi Institute of Technology
- Dr.V.Santhanam attended a seminar 11th Oct 2017 under the title “Stimulate your innovation using ABAQUS” organised by EDS Technologies
- Mr.A.Eswaran attended a seminar on 10th Oct 2017 under the title “Industrial Visit to Rubber Equipment Processing” hosted by L& T Technology.
- Mr.S.Ramkumar attended Two Days 16th &17th sep 2017 Workshop on AVR (Atmega-16)for Robotic application organised by Madras Institute of Technology
- Mr.S.Ramkumar, Ms.D.Keerthana attended a seminar on 25th Aug 2017under the title IEEE Student Interaction organised by Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering
- Dr V. Santhanam delivered a guest lecture on 10th Aug 2017 under the title “composite materials” at St.Joseph's Institute of Technology.
- Dr.V.Santhanam attended a 1 day (28th March 2017) conference at kalasalingam universityunder the title “Advanced materials & processing jute fiber composite”.
- Dr.V.Santhanam attended a seminar on 23rd Feb 2017 under the title “Modeling of Simulation of Mechanical systems using MAT Lab” organised by Math work.
- Karuna S won a 3rd place in Table tennis Tournament at Anna university zonal match hosted by SMIT conducted on 19th Sep 2017.
- Naveen, K Ajith Kevin Anand became runners at Anna university Football zonal match hosted by College of Engineering, Guindy on 10th Oct 2017.
- Bharath S has been selected to represent Tamil Nadu Floor ball (Men) team Floor ball - Senior National Championship at Meerut-Uttar Pradesh which was held on 11th July 2017.
- Mothish Kumar R,Vignesh Kumar E has participated in Pulse 17 at SVCEon 27th Sep 2017.
- Bharath S,Kishore Kumar R,Jayadeeban J has participated in project expo under the title “sliding windows” on 22nd sep 2017 at Vellammal Engineering College, Madurai
- Gowtham Kumar has won a 2nd place in Venture 2k17 20th sep 2017- Business Hackathon under E-cell at REC
- Jayadeeban J, Jayadev Krishnan P M, Vasanth Ram K particip[ated in Quiz competitionon 7th sep 2017 hosted by Ethiraj vcollege under the title “Sweeden Embasy”
- Jagadeesh R has received a certificate of appreciation under the event Robo war organised by Chennai Institute of Technology on 16th Aug 2017.
- R. Shadhan,Jagdeesh R,Vigneshwaran R,Nidharshan V RA participated in Project Expo under the event Chennai International Youth Fest 2017 (16th &17th Aug 2017) organised by Chennai Institute of Technology and won a 2nd Prize and Medal from Central Govt.