After the completion of the course, students have wide range of opportunities to serve in different industries few of which are listed below.
- Assembly and Packaging
- Automotive electronics and Autonomous Vehicles (Vetronics)
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing Systems
- Computer-machine controls, such as CNC machines and 3D printing
- Engineering and Manufacturing systems
- Data Analytics and Expert systems
- Embedded systems
- Home Appliances and Home automation
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Industrial Automation and robotics
- Machine vision (Automatic inspection based on Imaging for industries such as tyre, rubber, FMCG and automotive)
- Medical Instruments, Robotic Gait Training system for stroke patients
- Medical mechatronics, medical imaging systems
- Industrial Controllers / PLCs / FPGA
- Sensing and control systems
- Structural dynamic systems
- Textile Industries
- Transportation and Automotive Engineering
Apart from serving in industries, mechatronics engineers can establish their own business/firm/company for study, design, implementation and maintenance of automation for various industries.
Undergraduate students of Mechatronics can also pursue their higher studies in Robotics, Embedded Systems, Automation, Automotive Electronics, Avionics etc. A high percentage of students get admission to prestigious Universities abroad to pursue their MS Degree. Students who successfully graduate have tremendous scope in public sector and private sector organizations.