After the completion of the course, students save a wide range of opportunities to serve in different industries, a few of which are listed below.
- Aerospace applications.
- Assembly and Packaging industries.
- Automotive engineering, automotive equipment in the design of subsystems such as antilock braking systems.
- Computer aided and integrated manufacturing systems
- Computer Aided Engineering.
- Computer-machine controls, such as computer driven machines like CNC milling machines, CNC water jets, and CNC plasma cutters etc.
- Data Analytics.
- Engineering and manufacturing systems.
- Expert systems
- Home Appliances
- Industrial Automation and robotics.
- Internet of Things.
- Machine vision (Automatic inspection based on Imaging for industries such as tyre, rubber, FMCG and Automotive).
- Medical Instruments, Robotic Gait Training system for stroke patients.
- Medical mechatronics, medical imaging systems.
- Microcontrollers, PLCs integration with real-time applications.
- Sensing and control systems
- Structural dynamic systems
- Textile Industries.
- Transportation and Automotive Engineering.
Apart from serving in industries, mechatronics engineers can establish their own business/firm/ company for study, design, implementation and maintenance of automation for various industries
MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING IN INDIA
MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING IN REC
There are also good automotive and industries/ companies where students can find their job opportunities as mechatronics has a great share over changing the direction of automotive developments. For example engine management system, anti-lock braking and ignition. Now students must be aware of news India making ABS mandatory in upcoming years. Now such changes will hope for those who are willing to make a career in this field
- India has a big market for automotive.
- Automotive has big scope for mechatronics technology incorporation.
- There will be the great potential of getting Engineering services jobs for foreign companies as they are looking for Indians as smart/intelligent people.
Even if you are looking for business this is a good choice because you can make value-added products and electro-mechanical components have a higher profit margin compared to plain mechanical/electrical products.
SCOPE FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
- The Department is equipped with talented faculty members with a wide range of expertise and dedication.
- The department is equipped with state of art laboratories such as Industrial robotics/Automation lab, Robotics lab and Microcontroller/processor lab etc.
- The students from the department actively participate in various project competitions, workshops, industrial internships and extra-curricular activities and won several awards showing their talents and passion towards learning.
- Students from the department of mechatronics have participated in Smart India Hackathon conducted by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India and won first prize. Also our students won the best innovation award for the National Solar Vehicle Challenge (NSVC).
- The department has signed MOU with industries such as FESTO, CADD centre etc. and we have carried out consultancy projects with various industries.
- The Department has faculty members with wide research experience with a number of publications in peer reviewed, indexed journals.
- The department regularly conducts hands-on training for the students to impart additional practical knowledge.
- The students and faculty members in the department have done online courses in various platform.
- The Department imparts practical knowledge in the areas of mechanical, electronics, design, manufacturing with the state of the art facilities.
- We aim at inculcating entrepreneurial qualities for creating, developing and managing global engineering ventures.
- This program teaches the aspect of system modelling, sensors, controllers, and actuators with real-time computer interface.
- The students will be able to gain the knowledge of manufacturing processes and run factory production lines with computer, PLC, industrial sensors, controllers, hydraulic, pneumatic and electric drives, and design mechanism of mechanical structures.
- For the course delivery, the faculty members use NPTEL lectures and other video presentations using LCD Projectors.
- Real-time demo is also given wherever needed.
- There is also a library in the department with text and reference books needed by the faculty and students
- There is also a wide scope for taking up post graduate courses in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and allied specializations and also research programmes in thrust areas.
- Mechatronics Students are given assistance in the preparation for taking up GATE examination, which now-a-days is insisted not only for admission to PG degree and also for entry into public sector undertakings.
- Students are also guided in choosing universities abroad, based on their interest in going in for certain specializations in upcoming areas.
- After the completion of B.E. programme, Mechatronics students enter into MBA also.