UG- PEOs - POs - PSOs
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To provide students with sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies and for successful careers in industry.
- To impart students with skills for design, improvement and installation of Mechanical and allied integrated systems of men, material.
- To educate the students on designing the modern mechanical systems and expose them to industrial practices for better employability and adaptability.
- To instill the values, skills, leadership and team spirit for comprehensive and wholesome personality, to promote entrepreneurial interest among students and to create a fervor for use of Engineering in addressing societal concerns.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions:
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems:
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage:
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society:
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability:
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work:
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- To innovate a Mechanical System which meets the desired specifications and requirements using CAE tools.
- To explore alternate materials for automobile, manufacturing and process industries.
- To lead professional career in industries or an entrepreneur by applying Engineering and Management principles and practices.